Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Studio Research Assistant







This past quarter I was the studio research assistant to ceramics professor Guy Michael Davis. Mike and ceramics professor Katie Parker are currently preparing for an upcoming exhibition this summer at The Taft Museum of Art in downtown Cincinnati. At first I helped Mike around the studio with many small slip-casting projects, and then moved on to applying red iron oxide decals to slip-cast rhytons, and finished up the quarter making molds of exotic fruits to be used in still life sculptures. I furthered my knowledge of kiln firings, glazing and mold making techniques, and perfecting the cleanliness of ceramics pieces. The images are from projects that I worked on during the quarter!

1 comment:

  1. Ah! The Ugly Fruit, or whatever it is, mold is bad ass! Let's be blog friends.

    ReplyDelete